POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray keychain : Re: POV-Ray keychain Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray keychain
From: 25ct
Date: 25 Oct 2001 18:45:45
Message: <3bd89619@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in message
news:3bd6e439@news.povray.org...

        Hi Chris, a great idea and I'd go with #9. But a pointer if I may?

      From your link:

       "We are led to believe that a plated keychain of this sort with
enamelled lettering will stand up to at least five years of daily use
without any significant problems, and could last much longer with some wear
and tear."

      The plated brass I'm not worried about, but the enamel, yes. Kilned
enamel is usually applied at a thickness of around .5mm, and unless it's
'inset' with a sort of 'guard' around it, (as per Jamies' image, #9), then
it will chip and crack, and that can be immediate, (unlucky), 'or' in 5
years time, (lucky), having said that, even if it has a guard and 'is' sunk
low, a carefully aimed backdoor key that hits it will possibly damage it
anyway.

   Also, the most affordable colour will be green, I'm not sure why as yet,
but that's what my enamellers tell me.

    Hope this is of some help to you and everyone else.

      ~Steve~

      -- Chris